The Noble Assembly Premises

Аудиогид:

Перевести на Русский

The building of the Noble Assembly was constructed in 1832-1837 in accordance with architect Ivan Ivanovich Sviyazev’s design in the classical style widespread in Russian provinces.

Next to the Noble Assembly building, there was built a hotel (there is now a multistoried building on this site) and houses for servants. There was also a small park nearby.

In the 19th century, ceremonial receptions were held in the Noble Assembly premises on the occasion of arrival of distinguished guests in Perm. On July 10, 1873, at five o’clock in the afternoon, the city society hosted a dinner in honour of Grand Duke Alexei Alexandrovich, son of Emperor Alexander II, who arrived in Perm.

Especially solemnly, the Romanov Dynasty Tercentenary was celebrated in the Noble Assembly premises.

In the spring of 1918, Grand Duke Mikhail Alexandrovich, exiled to Perm, stayed for some time in a hotel at the Noble Assembly premises. In May, he moved to another hotel – the Korolev’s Rooms.

In February 1919, when Perm was in the hands of the Whites, the supreme ruler of Russia, Admiral Alexander Vasilyevich Kolchak, was officially received in the Noble Assembly premises.

A feature of buildings constructed by Sviyazev was the location of main entrance from the yard. The entrance to the building was where the dance hall is now, from the square. This hall was added in 1963. During the reconstruction of 1962-1965, the interiors were completely changed, the walls of the ground floor were built up to the height of the mezzanine window, and a glazed veranda was added to the northern facade. Wooden porches were replaced with stone ones, their metal fencing was lost, the proportion of windows was somewhat changed. Today the Noble Assembly premises host the Cultural Centre and Museum of the Perm Krai Main Department of Internal Affairs.